at CLYMER LIBRARY
In the summer of 2014, the Historical Association of Tobyhanna Township (HATT) and the Clymer Library established a Local History Department within the library.
Volunteers from HATT, Clymer Library, the Sullivan Trail Questers and the Stoddartsville Preservation Society continue to work together on this project, with the goal of establishing and expanding a dedicated department within the library where books and documents of local history are held together in one physical section.
Contributions to grow this department continue to be sought. People who have local history books at home "already read” and not being used, are asked to consider donating them so the entire community can enjoy learning about local history for years to come.
The committee also has a “wish list” of publications that it hopes to purchase, and is accepting monetary donations for such acquisitions to grow the collection.
To donate publications: Email HATT, phone 570-646-7235 or contact the director of the Clymer Library at 570-646-0826.
Financial donation may be mailed to HATT, PO Box 2084, Pocono Pines, PA 18350. Checks should be made payable to “HATT” with a note for its purpose. All contributions are tax deductible with HATT and Clymer Library being 501(c)3 tax-exempt organizations.
Books available in the Clymer Library Local History Department
- The Best of This and That by Edith Blez
- The Pohoqualine 1951 & 1953
- The Next Station Will Be: An Album of Photographs of Railroad Depots in 1910
- The Spirit of Swiftwater: 100 years at the Pocono Labs, by Jeff Widmer
- Secrets From Pocono Kitchens
- Poems of Pennsylvania, by Irving Dix
- These Things Are Mine, by Leo T. Foley
- Pocono Lake Cemetery Inventory
- Toponyms and Trivia of Northeastern Pennsylvania, by Tom Klopfer
- Great Hikes in the Poconos and Northeast Pennsylvania, by Boyd and Linda Newman
- Lutherland A dream fulfilled and Memories … by Ted Suttmeier
- Skytop an Adventure, by Frederic W. Smith
- The Poconos, by Carroll B. Tyson
- Women who made History in Monroe County
- Pennsylvania Marriages Prior to 1790
- Journey Along The Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroad, by Alan Sweeney
- Falling Feathers, by Peggy Bancroft
- The Encyclopedia Pennsylvania, Vol. 1 & Vol 2
- Naomi Jewel of the Poconos from 1882, by Irene Miller Gross
- History of Monroe County, Pennsylvania
- The Poconos: An Authentic Handbook and Guide to Pennsylvania’s Vacationland, by Thomas H. Knepp
- Cannons, Cattle and Campfires, by John L Moore
- Rivers, Raiders, and Renegades, by John L. Moore
- Traders, Travelers and Tomahawks, by John L Moore
- Historic Legacy Monroe County
- Pennsylvania’s Decorative Arts, by Irwin Richman
- A Two-Century History, by William H. Shank, P.E.
- The Indian Chiefs of Pennsylvania, by C. Hale Sipe
- The Indian Wars of Pennsylvania, by C. Hale Sipe
- Pocono Ghosts, Legends, and Lore, by David Seibold & Charles J. Adams
- Pocono Ghosts Book Two, by David Seibold and Charles J. Adams
- Changing Times in the Poconos, by E.M. Waygood
- Pocono Remembered, by Thomas Wood
- Zebulon Butler: Hero of the Revolutionary Frontier, by James R. Williamson
- Hydro Electric Power in Monroe and Northampton Counties, by Harley Collins
- Coolbaugh Township; First Two Hundred Years 1794-1994, by C.W. Dennis
- Pohoqualin Delaware Water Gap Reflections: A Personal History. By Francis R. Drake
- History of Wayne, Pike and Monroe Counties. Pennsylvania, Pt 1 & Pt 2, by A. Mathews
- Better in the Poconos, by Lawrence Squeri
- The Dansbury Diaries 1748-1755
- History of Northampton, Lehigh, Monroe, Carbon and Schuylkill Counties, by Daniel Rupp
- A Bicentennial Return of the Monroe County Frontier, by John C. Appel
- Monroe County Sesquicentennial 1836-1986
- Picturesque Monroe County Pennsylvania
- Delaware Water Gap, The Stroudsburgs, and the Poconos, by Sally A. Freedman
- History of Monroe County Pennsylvania, by Robert Brown Keller
- Pocono Pines …Then and Now, by Frederick A. Lehrer
- Monroe County 175th Anniversary 1836-2011
- Monroe County Historic Photo Album
- Historical Reminiscences of Stroudsburg, Pa.
- The Pocono Resort Economy: Economic Growth and Social Conservatism, 1865-1940, by Lawrence Squeri
- Scenes of Skytop: The Natural History of a Pocono Treasure, by John Serrao
- Pocono Lake Preserve A Centennial History 1904-2004, by James Zug
- The Sullivan Expedition of 1779, by Albert Hazen Wright
- Delaware Diary Episodes in the Life of a River, by Frank Dale
- Thornhurst and the Upper Lehigh River, by Jim Howley