We invite you to join us! Explore and enjoy the history of Tobyhanna Township. All are welcome — township residency is not required.
Monthly meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month, April through November, at the Clymer Library, 115 Firehouse Rd. in Pocono Pines. Our meetings usually feature presentations by guest speakers and members about specific topics of history concerning Tobyhanna Township. Transportation to meetings and events is available.
- Special events throughout the year, including “on-site” field trips.
- Research projects to document and preserve specific historical records of our community.
- Professionally managed archive database in which copies of records, photographs, etc. are being maintained as a central source of preservation as well as a basis for research.
- Rotating public displays at the Clymer Library and the Pocono Pines Post Office, documenting Tobyhanna Township history.
- Annual bus trip excursion out of the area to expand our historical perspectives.
- The Summer Lecture Series provides an independent perspective of famous people and events.
NOTE: A point of confusion is the distinction between Tobyhanna Township and the village of Tobyhanna and Tobyhanna Army Depot. The village of Tobyhanna and Tobyhanna Depot are both located in Coolbaugh Township. If you are interested in the history of those areas, go to www.coolbaughtwp.org
Map to Our Meeting Place
Get Directions and View Larger Map